10 Things You Need to Know When Selecting Natural StoneMeet Amando Natural Stone Founder. Read more ... »
- When selecting natural stone for you project, it’s important to have in mind that as a natural construction materialWhat Is The Ideal Construction Material For An Outdoor Space?. Read more ... », it’s variation in color,veining and texture are inherent; each natural stone piece has a distinct design that makes it ‘one-of-a-kind’.
- Your supplier and contractor/installer must do some research to determine the range of the specified natural stone colors that are available at the quarries, for the quantities required in your projects, which means that you should be able to have access to sample pieces that are as large as possible to allow you to see the variation in veining and color of the stone selected. The selection process starts at the quarry. Characteristics such as veining and mineral deposits will affect each piece.
- Natural Stone varies from quarry to quarry , from slab to slab and block to block, you need to make sure that the material will fit and meet your home or office project’s expectations and specifications. All natural stone is unique. Remember, no two stones are alike.
- Depending on your natural stone selection, it can be three-dimensional and used as columnsIf you love romantic Tuscan-Mediterranean style, you’ll love this idea!. Read more ... », balustrades, and even furniture pieces. When used in exterior applications, natural stone has also proven superior to manufactured or engineered products in withstanding the effects of nature when it’s specified and installed professionally.
- It is essential that appropriate installation, sealing and grouting materials are used, for every specific use, material and application conditions.
- Since natural stone tilesNatural Stone Shades of Grey and the 2014 Color Trends. Read more ... », for example are cut from blocks, the color/veining may be consistent within one crate but vary from crate to crate.
- All natural stone must be sealed to prevent etching, scratching and delay staining
- A maintenance program should be established for sealing and cleaning of your natural stone.
- In good quality pictures such as the ones shown below (OnyxNatural Stone Organic Look . Read more ... » and MarbleBring the Earth Element into your Home . Read more ... » slabsMarble natural stone and its rich palette of colors. Read more ... »), you will be able to appreciate the variation within a slab and from slab to slab, that way you can decide how to include it into your projects.
10. The variation in veining that natural stone offers and/or it’s rustic or contemporary appeal are characteristics that will for sure make your project stand out from the rest, classic, modern or rustic, warm and inviting, you can count on a distinctive look, natural stone work will charm your friends and family; and it will definitely add sex appeal to every room in your house/office, if that is what you are looking for.